Geminio Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister
Similar topics
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Latest topics
    » Quit Medicine
    Nothing left to lose EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 am by Guest

» 50 Mg Winstrol Tablets
    Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:40 am by Guest

» reality is a lovely place but i wouldn't want to live there
    Nothing left to lose EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm by Daniel Arthur Finch

» Shinin' like my high beams cooler than some ice tea.
    Nothing left to lose EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm by Violet Miakoda Buxton

» Friend or foe, you just will never know who can you trust, in a world that's oh so cold.
    Nothing left to lose EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:43 pm by Carter Blake Langley

» Would you feel the love in that, or ask "Why not the Moon?"
    Nothing left to lose EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 am by Carter Blake Langley

» Welcome to the human race
    Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm by Camden Thalia George

» Nothing left to lose
    Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm by Caile Dean Monty

» Public; flying_highh
    Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 am by Violet Miakoda Buxton

» Planning more than a party
    Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 am by Violet Miakoda Buxton

Chatbox
    Top posters
    Camden Thalia George (284)
    Nothing left to lose I_vote_lcapNothing left to lose I_voting_barNothing left to lose I_vote_rcap 
    Annabelle Katherine Reese (232)
    Nothing left to lose I_vote_lcapNothing left to lose I_voting_barNothing left to lose I_vote_rcap 
    VetaVillanueva (91)
    Carter Blake Langley (69)
    anastasia (56)
    Dean (54)
    Violet Miakoda Buxton (43)
    milamae (42)
    Everett Geoff Jones (39)
    GFadmin (36)
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Nothing left to lose

Go down 
    2 posters
    AuthorMessage
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

Nothing left to lose Empty
    PostSubject: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Nothing left to lose E1

This post is for: Carter Blake Langley
    word count:323

Caile Dean Monty woke up but didn't move. Instead, he lay perfectly still, staring at the ceiling, seeming to not want to wake up at all. He had slept well through breakfast, but had woken up a tad bit too early for brunch. He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to fall asleep once again. Unfortunately he was awoken by some giggling girls out in the common room, the door to which had been left open.

Minutes passed until, finally and quite suddenly, Caile let out a sigh and sat up quickly. A little too quickly, his head throbed something fierce. He brought the palms of his hands to his face and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before glancing towards the open door, he considered getting up to close it but, if he were to do that, he might as well just continue right down to the common room and sit out there by the fire.

So that's what he did, after throwing on a white t-shirt of course, he slumped down to the common room in grey sweatpants and ignored the giggling girls in the corner who whispered to each other when he walked in. He fell into the sofa and lay down for a little while, a girl winked at him from the table, third year, cocky, don't waste your time Caile. He thought to himself as he smiled back at the girl and pulled himself to a sitting position, staring into the flames ablaze in the fireplace. He sat with his elbows on his knees and folded his hands in front of him.

As he sat on the sofa facing the fireplace, Caile twisted his locket between his fingers without noticing that he even started, lost in thought. He barely even noticed when someone approached him, at first he thought it was one of the third years sitting at the table but a second glance told him it wasn't.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:19 pm

✗ ✗ ✗ ———————►&& ℘.s. ᶴ ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υ♥
    ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    IGOTMYEYESWIDE.IT'SNOTOVERYET.WEAREMIRACLES.ANDWE'RENOTALONE.THISISHOME.NOWI'MFINALLYWHEREIBELONG.
    Nothing left to lose Carter-1
    C A R T E R B L A K E L A N G L E Y
    This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 435 WORDS in it.

Walking through the halls of Hogwarts always gave Carter an air of confidence. It was her final year here, she was well liked, and best of all, captain of the Slytherin Quidditch team. This year was going to be one of the best of her lives. She wasn’t the girl to think that school was going to be it though; she knew she had to do other things to make it in the world.

She smiled at a group of other seventh years as they passed in the halls. Carter had been attending this school for seven years now. She’d pretty much grown up with these people. And at the end of this one, she’d be leaving. It was a little depressing, but exciting in its own way.

Reaching the stairs, Carter began the descent into the dungeon. Why Slytherin had chosen to put their common room into the dreariest part of the castle eluded her. If it was only for the green tint to everything because it sat under the black lake, then it was a dumb choice. It sometimes smelled horrible down there, like musky water. But then thousands of gallons sat above them.

Entering the common room, Carter was greeted by a familiar sight. There were several tight clusters of friends sitting around the room. She recognized a few faces from Quidditch, while other from the times she remained sober enough at parties to actually meet people. Nothing really stood out. A girl giggled.

Immediately, Carter assumed it was towards her clothes. She didn’t really care, but her attire was baggy sweatpants tucked into a pair of boots. Her tank top was short and her mid-drift showed. Her hair was hanging around her shoulders, loosely curled. It was how it fell naturally. There was little make-up on her face. Mainly it was mascara and eye liner rubbed clean by her thumb from the night before. Carter had only woken up an hour ago, put on some fresh deodorant, brushed her teeth and headed down to meet people for some breakfast.

Another giggle and Carter realized what was happening. Caile Monty was making his way over to the fireplace. He must not have seen her coming in, otherwise he’d probably have said something. Carter liked Caile. He was easy to talk to and fun to hang with at parties, though not quite as wild as Carter was.

“Those are the ugliest pants I have ever seen,” Carter laughed gesturing to her own gray sweat pants. She dropped next to him, leaning against the couch. The heat kissed her face, instantly warming the skin.

Nothing left to lose EMOcheerful

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:55 pm

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:304

Caile remained lost in thought for a moment, he stared at the fire warming his face. He tucked away his locket, aware of the fact that someone was approaching him. He still didn't come out of his dream-like trance though

"Those are the ugliest pants I've ever seen." came a familiar voice calling him out of his trance, he looked up to see Carter, wearing, equally ugly, I may add, pants and a tank top.

Caile generally liked to keep to himself but Carter was friendly enough, they could talk to each other, she was a fairly chill girl, not fussing over her appearance all day long. She had no reason to anyway, in Caile's opinion, she looked good enough without all that. He chuckled at her joke as she took a seat beside him.

"And look at you, classy as ever" He joked, nudging her with his elbow. Of course, he much prefered her this way. Had she been wearing boatloads of makeup and a tight dress, with her hair all done up when he met her, they probably wouldn't be friends. If she was wearing that now, he would have come up with a reason to leave, or asked her how much she had had to drink this morning.

He flashed her one of his rare smiles and glanced towards the young girls in the corner. The one who had winked earlier scowled at Carter. He smiled to himself.

"I don't think you're making any friends here." He whispered and nodded his head slightly in the direction of the girls, "They may jinx you later." He glanced over at the girls again, "Watch your back." He winked at her and leaned back into the couch locking his hands behind his head, "Wouldn't want to damage the superstar quidditch player now would we?"

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:07 pm

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
    IGOTMYEYESWIDE.IT'SNOTOVERYET.WEAREMIRACLES.ANDWE'RENOTALONE.THISISHOME.NOWI'MFINALLYWHEREIBELONG.
    This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 322 WORDS in it.

Caile gave Carter a smile while very sarcastically commenting on her wardrobe. At that she let out another laugh and grinned cheerfully at him. Her eyes, squinted with her smile. Some people liked to tease her about her ‘Asian’ eyes, but she could care less.

Caile mentioned the girls behind Carter, the ones who had giggled originally. When she looked back around, one of them was scowling at her. She understood why they were giggling in the first place. Caile was attractive, to say the least. He also had a very mysterious atmosphere to him. A lot of girls threw themselves at him, so Carter noticed, but he ignored them.

Carter looked back down to her knees, noticing her tank top was pulled up to her belly button. She didn’t pull it down though. The flames felt good on her exposed skin, so she left it be, not really caring. Instead she took one more glance back to the girls before replying to Caile.

“Nah, the smallest one is a second year who tried out last year for Quidditch and didn’t make it. She wouldn’t try anything against me,” Carter knew that, but the other girls were another thing. ”And the other two didn’t have the guts to approach you in the first place. They wouldn’t have the balls to try and jinx me.” She let out another laugh. ”At least I hope not!

It was nice being able to come down to the common room and just sit here with a friend. Caile was already proving her theory correct about being easy to talk to. He just seemed so relax all the time. It made him simple to be around. It wasn’t like some of her friends, where she HAD to be tipsy to enjoy their company. Here she was, in an outfit that a hobo would find appealing, and he just laughed about it with her.

It was nice. Comforting.

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:37 pm

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:317

Caile smirked as Carter responded, he had a funny fealing that the girls had heard her but, Caile really could care less if they had. He just smiled, sat up and ran his fingers lightly through his hair.

This was an easy conversation, usually when he sat down to talk to somebody, things would get awkward and he'd really have to try to keep the conversation going, or he'd end it, whichever he prefered to do. He generally didn't like talking to Slytherin's either, they were all obsessed with this whole blood status thing, Caile couldn't stand it.

Caile was never taught the difference between blood types, to him everyone was the same, they all had money, a home, anything they needed they could get, and he didn't have anything. He just figured that blood is blood, it's all the same color, same consistency, it all flows the same through everyone, just because you may not have complete wizard blood doesn't mean anything, you're still a wizard, a wizard's a wizard, they're all people.

"You're probably right." He laughed, looking at Carter, noticing her exposed stomach. He just laughed a shook his head, he looked back and forth between the two of them for a little bit, "You know, we kind of match today... If only I had a pair of boots. And an exposed stomach, of course."

He looked down at his own shirt, leaned back again, and lifted it just above his belly button. The fire was hot, it felt good on his stomach, which was still empty, "I think I might wear my shirt like this all the time, it's much better this way." He smiled at Carter before turning his face back to the fire, closing his eyes and patting his bare stomach, which growled.

What I wouldn't give for a slice of bacon right about now... Caile thought to himself.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 10:48 pm

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 328 WORDS in it.

Caile seemed to stare off into space for a moment before pulling up his shirt and making a joke out of Carter’s stomach. She could tell that he enjoyed the warmth, too. She knew what she was talking about when it came to relaxing. It was one of her favorite things.

Carter brought her hands into her lap. On her left wrist was a ponytail holder. She usually had one or two ready in case there was an emergency Quidditch moment and her hair had to be back. Or if she was just getting pissed about it. Rolling it off her arm, Carter handed it to Caile. He was still joking about their attire.

”Here, you can tie your shirt back with it,” Carter laughed and let her head fall back against the couch. Her hair was splayed on the seat of the ugly couch that she was leaning against, ”As for the boots, I can get you some.” She rolled her head over for a moment, winked, and then let it go back to staring at the ceiling.

She liked to do this quite a bit: find a spot on the ceiling and just stare at it. Eventually she got bored with it and actually thought about important things. But her head still buzzed. She had been up most of the night in the Hufflepuff common room. Violet and Hahn were there, so of course she would be, too. At six am, Carter came crawling back to her bed. She had woken up three hours later with a killer headache.

That same head ache still panged her, though the heat from the fire made her feel better. She had a little Quidditch the day before and her muscles were cramped. Allowing for them to relax was the best way. This was perfect.

”My head hurts,” Carter added to break the silence of the room. The only noise was the crackling of the fire on the logs.

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:310

Caile took the hair elastic and examined it for a second, then he sat up and twisted it around his shirt. He smirked at Carter and raised his eyebrows. He found her staring blankly at the ceiling so he sat back and folded his hands over his stomach.

It wasn't an awkward silence, just a relaxing one. The two of them sat for a moment and Caile started to twist his locket again as he got lost in his thoughts once again. He had just realized that this was his last year. What would he do from now on? Would Adam expect him to return home and continue on with the life he had? That was the opposite of what he wanted to happen.

He much preferred being here at Hogwarts, maybe he'd want to become a teacher, before continuing on to become Minister for Magic. Of course then he'd have to be a Pure One, he was pureblooded already but he couldn't, in his right mind, endorse sexism and rascism, especially at the same time. No, he'd wait it out, these "Pure Ones" would disappear soon enough... They just had to...

"My head hurts," Carter said, breaking the silence. He let his head role over to face her and smiled before bringing it back to the ceiling, he closed his eyes, still twisting the locket around his neck.

"Me too..." He said quietly, then added, "Wild party last night?" Cracking one eye open to look at her, Caile noted that she did look as though she was in a bit of pain, "Want some water?" Of course, she could get some water herself by simply casting a spell but he felt as though he should offer anyways. She might not be in the mood to cast any spells. Caile knew he wouldn't be if he had a bad headache.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:36 pm

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 413 WORDS in it.

After she spoke, the mentioning of her headache seemed to bring the pain back to the front of her thoughts. The constant throbbing along with the sensitivity to light made the common room the perfect place to hide next to the girl’s dormitory. When she went for breakfast, Violet wasn’t there, so she was forced to sit alone, wallowing in her own self pity without her best friend to cheer her up.

So basically, Carter had lain with her head on the wooden table, a glass of orange juice against her forehead and a piece of toast half way out of her mouth, moaning whenever the table jiggled. It was pathetic, but still the food in her stomach had been better. It made her not want to throw up. That’s what she’d learned. Eating bread seemed to absorbed the acids in her stomach while her liver cleaned her system.

”It wasn’t a wild party,” Carter still had ended up drunk, ”It was just a few people getting together for some card games, but since Hahn planned it, there was alcohol.” She brought her hand to her forehead and left it there. ”And thanks for the water, but I think I’m fine.”

Her hand went limply back to her side. Looking around, Carter noticed that the common was weirdly empty. Don’t students usually study on Thursdays? She bolted upright.

”Shit! Today is Friday isn’t it?” Carter began going through her things upstairs. Tonight was the first night of the full moon. She lifted her arm to her sight, the gash was healing nicely. It was closed up until the middle, which was a scab now. The rest was a light pink, still puffy, scar. She was only slightly beginning to heal from her last ‘time of the month’.

She forgot one time last month about the centaurs. One time! What happened? She got sliced with arrows and fell down an incredibly rocky hill. The bruises on her legs and torso were gone, but the arrow cut on her arm was still healing along with a few cuts. She looked at her hip. There was a fresh scar there, too.

Carter hated it. Her skin was so flawed. There were scars covering her arms, legs, and torso. She even had a few on her feet. Luckily, she’d been able to manage none on her face. It was only a matter of time though. Remembering, Carter pulled down her tank top to cover the new scar.

Nothing left to lose EMOwhatever

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:316

Caile was startled by Carter's sudden energy at the thought of it being Friday, perhaps she had a party to get to or something, he decided not to pry too much. Everyone had their secrets, he had no need for her to tell him hers. They can be friends without all that.

But Carter looked quite worried as she pulled her shirt down, pulling attention to a scar on her hip, how had he not notice that before? It was fairly large and it was definitely something he should have noticed. He wondered about the scar for a moment, she was an excellent quidditch player but even the best make mistakes. It was then that he noticed the many scars covering her body, probably just quidditch accidents he thought to himself, but, if it's not... Maybe I should ask...

"Something wrong?" He asked, honestly concerned for her. They may not be best friends but that doesn't mean that he can't make sure she's alright. He enjoyed her company, he'd always have a soft spot for anyone who can sit with him for over twenty minutes and not get annoyed with his constant sarcasm. If it meant he'd have to pry a little to protect her then he would, he would always have her back, he just had to hope that she would always have his as well.

He looked into her eyes, hoping he hadn't insulted her by asking, she was known to have a short temper, though, he'd never seen her snap at anybody. He waited a moment then decided to add a warm, calming smile, "I'm always here to listen." he said putting his hand on her shoulder lightly. Of course, she didn't need to tell him, in fact, the less secrets the better, but, as Caile came to realize, sometimes all you need is a friend to talk to.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:15 am

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 339 WORDS in it.

Carter felt like an idiot the second she snatched her shirt down. That obviously would draw attention where she didn’t want it to be. But it only took a keen eye to notice that Carter looked like she had been through a wood chipper. She sighed and then looked over at Caile. He asked her if something was wrong and smiled.

She could tell he knew something was up. Luckily, Carter didn’t have a boyfriend. If that was the case, she’d worry that everyone would think he beat her. Good thing there had been no serious relationships for Carter since…well… ever. She’d had minor flings and a crush or two, but never really found anybody to really give herself to.

Carter had always felt restricted by her secret. She felt that if she didn’t feel like she could trust them, then what was the point of continuing anything? And there was always the small compulsion to tell somebody. As of right now, Caile was tugging at that. Carter wanted to just look him dead in the eye and confess. Hell, she’d like to do that with the whole school.

But there was no way to do that. They’d be afraid of her. They’d run. They’d hate her. But not in the way that she was mean. They’d hate her because they feared her. Carter wouldn’t be able to handle that. She could understand somebody not liking her for her personality, but hating her because she was attacked when she was young was a stupid reason.

If only I could, Caile. Carter thought with sad eyes. She flashed him her teeth and shook her head.

“No, I’m fine,” Carter gave a weak laugh. “Don’t worry about me.” Her heart wasn’t in it.

She wasn’t fine. She’d never be fine. Why can’t the goddamn universe just accept the fact that I turn into a big hairy monster once a month and that doesn’t make me a horrid, disgusting person. People like me now. But they’d still never see past my affliction.

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:41 am

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:307

Carter took a moment to reply, she looked sad and, when she smiled, it wasn't real. Caile had always been good at telling how people were feeling, since he was young. He knew when his brother had come into his room, smiling but still hiding something, that something was wrong. He found out later that his dad had left the two boys to fend for themselves.

When she told him not to worry about her he knew that it was time to let it go, she'd tell him when and if she wanted to, so he'd drop it but not without one more thought, "Fine, then I wont tell you my secret to silky smooth hair." he flipped his hair and winked at her, "just remember that I'm your friend, Carter." He watched her carefully for a moment before looking down to his hands. Everyone was entitled to their secrets, perhaps this was one that she just couldn't share.

He knew how it felt to have a secret he couldn't tell anyone. He had been raised on the streets but, there was no way he could tell any of these kids that, they'd judge him. He was a theif and a beggar, who would want to talk to him when they found out about that? They'd all be worried about him stealing their stuff, even though he would never steal from another student. He only stole to survive, he's getting by just fine here, why would he need their stuff? But still, people aren't that forgiving, they wouldn't be able to look past it...

He'd just have to bide his time here and wait to find out who his true friends are. So far, he couldn't trust anyone as far as he could throw them, he was just waiting for someone to prove they're worth the trust.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:05 am

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 310 WORDS in it.

Carter let herself fall back against the couch. She was exhausted still. Last night was a bad idea. And tonight she’d get no more sleep. Maybe, she could find a nice little alcove in a tree or something an try to get some rest. But even though she was allowed Wolfsbane, there was always that wild sensation in her blood that didn’t let her rest easy.

It was usually now that people began pressuring her to answer the question and to give all these reasons. When she didn’t reply, they’d just get worse until Carter walked away, pissed off. It fairly easy to annoy her a bit, but to really get her angry required a bit more work. This was all opposite to what Caile was doing though.

The way he said nothing except that she could confide in him was perfect. Violet was really similar. She always just let Carter tell her things when she was ready, unless she suspected that it was life threatening. Caile seemed to be the same way. He understood that there were just some things that didn’t need to be shared.

Carter looked over and he made one more sarcastic comment. It put her over the edge. She leaned forward laughing hysterically. It was like someone telling a joke at a funeral. After all the depression, you just had to laugh.

At least it was that way for Carter. Whenever two polar emotions collided, it got a little, well, emotional. She would react to the extreme with one or the other. Usually it was the joyful one, but no matter how hard she laughed, there was no real happiness behind it. The laugh was simply a mask. But she flew with it.

“Oh, please hair lord. Tell me your mighty secrets,” Carter smiled and held it there before it slowly drooped away to nothing.

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:40 am

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:323

Caile had to laugh at Carter's over-the-top laughter and laughed even harder when he noticed everyone staring. He knew it wasn't real laughter, not the happy kind. He listened to her response then gave her a coy smile.

"Oh Carter, A true magician never reveals his tricks." He stood up then and crouched before the fire, warming his hands for a moment, "If I told you, I might have to kill you." He stayed down at the fire, allowing Carter a few moments to collect herself. Finally, he turned to face her once again.

"So anything new going on?" Caile asked, trying to change the subject for her sake, "I'm sure the life of a superstar is a busy one." He added sarcastically. He does believe that Carter was a fantastic quidditch player and that she could go the distance but, then again, anyone who didn't think she could make it must be completely stupid.

She has everything it takes to become famous one day, she has the speed, the skill, the looks that all the boys will go crazy over, and the personality that all the girls will strive to be like. Yes, Caile believed that Carter could one day become one of the greatest quidditch players the world had ever seen. He might just be optimistic but... He couldn't be the only one who believed she would be.

Caile had nothing but his looks to go off of, sure he had played quidditch before, he was even alright at it, but that wasn't his goal in life. He sure would be there cheering her on the whole time though, even if she didn't remember him.

His stomach growled once more and he brought one hand to his stomach, discovering that his shirt was still tied back. He undid the hair elastic and tossed it back to Carter then he smiled at her and waited for her to respond to his question.
    - - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:54 am

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 364 WORDS in it.

Caile just watched as Carter composed herself. It took a few deep breaths, but eventually the laughter stopped. Caile made, yet another, funny remark, but Carter didn’t burst into laughter this time. She only smiled and shook her head at his question.

“It’s pretty busy, I don’t get the chance to hang out with a lot of my friends outside of parties. And there I’m usually drunk in the first half hour,” Carter looked down and away as her voice dropped to a whisper, “Damn, I have a problem.” She looked back up at Caile and smiled. “But superstar, I don’t think so.”

Carter only wished that she was a superstar already. Sure, a lot of kids at school knew who she was, but mainly they knew her as the drunk party girl. Her skills in Quidditch were good and she knew that. Several teams knew that. Except the Holy Head Harpies, the team Carter wanted so desperately to play seeker for. They had yet to recognize her.

She had had several try outs with professional teams for next season, but the Holy Head Harpies had yet to contact her. Carter had sent in her information a while ago, but they’d never responded back. It had sent her into a mad week where she went to class drunk and kept a canteen in her bag with a charm to give it no scent. Violet had been incredibly worried.

The feeling washed over her again. She hated when people brought up the fact that she ‘was a superstar’. It wasn’t true. She couldn’t get the Holy Head Harpies to give her a second glance. The craving for a drink was strong. There was some in her room.

“Be right back,” Carter got to her feet and quickly went to the girl’s dormitory. Caile wouldn’t be able to follow even if he wanted to. Girls were allowed in the boy’s dormitory, but not the other way around. Searching through her trunk, Carter found the bottle of tequila she was looking for. Rushing back down stairs, she slid next to Caile, getting the top off. Taking a drink she held it up to Caile offering him some.

[b]
    Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:16 am

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:313

Caile looked at the bottle for a moment, then back at Carter, "Little early in the day for that, don't you think?" He snatched the bottle from her hands and twisted the lid back on it, "I'LL be right back this time. Don't look for a second." He didn't leave the common room but instead hid the bottle behind some books on the shelf behind the couch.

He knew this may make Carter a bit annoyed but, it was worth it, if she really wanted it back he would give it to her but, there must be a better way for her to feel better. Turning to drink probably isn't the safest thing ever, it really could lead to a problem. He knew the people with drinking problems, they were usually the easiest to steal from, the most vulnerable.

"Kay, you can look now." He said moving away from the hiding spot so that she wouldn't suspect that it was anywhere near where he had hidden it, "Don't even ask where I put it, I wont be telling you anytime soon." He offered her a hand to help her off the sofa, "Why don't we go for a walk instead? That's a much better way to keep your mind off whatever it is you don't want to think about, besides, I am starving and I believe that it's almost lunch time" He smiled down at her and thought through everything he had said previously, "and, if I said or did anything to upset you... I'm really sorry." He looked from her eyes to his hand and back up to her eyes once more.

"If you don't take my hand soon, I will leave and you will never find your tequila." He smirked at her, "of course, he wouldn't really leave without telling her where it was, he only hoped that she knew that.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:38 pm

This post is especially for CAILE MONTY. And it's got 311 WORDS in it.

Before Carter could do anything about it, Caile snatched the bottle away from her. It was like taking candy from a child, and not in the sense that it was easy. Candy is bad and addicting for kids. Alcohol was Carter’s candy. She hated that she relied on it so heavily, so Carter allowed for Caile to take it and hide it from her.

She waited with her eyes shut as he shuffled about the room. The noise from the fire seemed to make his feet hitting the floor hidden. When he told her to open her eyes, he was just stopping, as though he had walked away from where it was hidden. It wouldn’t be hard to get it. A simple accio spell would work perfectly, but Carter went with it.

“Fine. And a little fresh air does sound nice. You lead and I’ll follow,” Carter smiled and took his hand. It was warm from the fire still.

Using his weight, she pulled herself up from the ground. The two looked like hobos and now it was time for a fashion show. It would be interesting to see the looks they would receive. Perhaps she’d get a chance to yell a little. That always made the weight on her chest lessen. She’d have a sore neck tomorrow. Stress always did that to her.

As the two departed from the common room, Carter realized that she had never spent time alone with Caile. She’d only ever seen him at parties in short amounts of time. The two hadn’t ever gone out on their own. It was a bit weird to think about, but they were only friends. Friends that didn’t have anything in common. Suddenly the air got awkward. Just about to ask a question, Carter stumbled on the tip of her boot, but caught herself on the way down.

“Shit.”

Back to top Go down
    Caile Dean Monty

Caile Dean Monty

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Nothing left to lose E1

word count:302

Caile smiled as they started walking out of the common room, he opened his mouth to say something but, instead, he got distracted by Carter almost doing a face plant, "Smooth." he joked. He watched her collect herself, laughed a bit at her swearing, and then continued out of the common room to the corridors that connected to the Slytherin common room, they passsed a few classrooms, a few groups of students, nothing out of the ordinary.

They just walked down the corridors, Caile really didn't mind all of the weird looks. He realised that he looked completely ridiculous but, then again, most people did these days. And at least he didn't look ridiculous alone. He glanced over at his companion and suddenly remembered what he was going to say, "You know, we've gone to school together for seven years, we've been in the same classes, same house, we go to the same parties and everything but I still know absolutely nothing about you."

It was true, he barely knew Carter, he just liked her company. He knew that she played quidditch, that she liked to party, and that her best friend was Violet, but really, he knew nothing else. And what better time to get to know her then walking down the dark corridors of the Hogwarts dungeons? The whole place just screamed this is the perfect place to have a heart-to-heart chat. The musky smell from the lake above helped as well, really set the mood.

Despite the poor choice of location, Caile was still determined to find out more about Carter, "Tell me a bit about yourself." He said, slowing their pace so that she would have more time to talk before they reached the group of third years at the end of the corridor.

- - - - - - -
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nothing left to lose   Nothing left to lose Empty

Back to top Go down

Nothing left to lose
    Page 1 of 1