Geminio Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLog inLatest imagesSearchRegister
Similar topics
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Quit Medicine
Planning more than a party EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 am by Guest

» 50 Mg Winstrol Tablets
Planning more than a party EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:40 am by Guest

» reality is a lovely place but i wouldn't want to live there
Planning more than a party EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 4:30 pm by Daniel Arthur Finch

» Shinin' like my high beams cooler than some ice tea.
Planning more than a party EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:51 pm by Violet Miakoda Buxton

» Friend or foe, you just will never know who can you trust, in a world that's oh so cold.
Planning more than a party EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:43 pm by Carter Blake Langley

» Would you feel the love in that, or ask "Why not the Moon?"
Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 2:49 am by Carter Blake Langley

» Welcome to the human race
Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:07 pm by Camden Thalia George

» Nothing left to lose
Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:13 pm by Caile Dean Monty

» Public; flying_highh
Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 am by Violet Miakoda Buxton

» Planning more than a party
Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 am by Violet Miakoda Buxton

Chatbox
Top posters
Camden Thalia George (284)
Planning more than a party I_vote_lcapPlanning more than a party I_voting_barPlanning more than a party I_vote_rcap 
Annabelle Katherine Reese (232)
Planning more than a party I_vote_lcapPlanning more than a party I_voting_barPlanning more than a party I_vote_rcap 
VetaVillanueva (91)
Carter Blake Langley (69)
anastasia (56)
Dean (54)
Violet Miakoda Buxton (43)
milamae (42)
Everett Geoff Jones (39)
GFadmin (36)
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Planning more than a party

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

Planning more than a party Empty
PostSubject: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

✗ ✗ ✗ ———————►&& ℘.s. ᶴ ℓ٥ﻻ ﻉ√٥υ♥
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
IGOTMYEYESWIDE.IT'SNOTOVERYET.WEAREMIRACLES.ANDWE'RENOTALONE.THISISHOME.NOWI'MFINALLYWHEREIBELONG.
Planning more than a party Carter-1
C A R T E R B L A K E L A N G L E Y
This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 483 WORDS in it.

It was around late afternoon when Carter decided to first open her eyes for the day. She really didn’t want to get up still. Pushing herself up, Carter recognized her settings from the pale green tint on the walls. She was in the Slytherin common room. As her head came up, her hand simultaneously went to her forehead.

A hang over’s throbbing headache panged Carter. She could tell her hair was a mess, because a part of it was still stuck to the side of her face where she had fallen asleep on her stomach. Dabbing her cheeks with her fingers, Carter tried to feel if there was anything written there. It wasn’t as if she’d be able to tell with marker, but just in case it was something like cheese or lip stick. She’d had too many poor experiences with shit like that.

Someone stirred one the ground a few feet away from her. It was another Slytherin boy in her year. As Carter slipped off of the couch, she barely managed to avoid stepping on his face. The trip to her dorm was a painful one, but eventually she let the pain ebb away to the back of her mind. She was used to it. Carter gathered a few things before heading to the showers.

●●●

After Carter had cleaned up a bit, possibly throwing up in the toilet once, she was dressed in jean shorts, a white tee with her Slytherin tie hanging around her neck. Before she had left, Carter had given a first year Hufflepuff girl a sack of chocolate galleons along with a note for Violet. She had run off happily to accept the candy. Carter hoped her friend would get the note and accept her invitation to meet at the Three Broomsticks.

Once at the bar, Carter ordered her usual large butterbear with extra ginger. She took up refuge in a corner booth. The table across from her snagged Carter’s attention immediately. Two older boys sat across from one younger one. He had a look of arrogance, like he’d been told from birth that the world was his. They all spoke in hushed tones until they stood to leave.

Just as they were heading towards the entrance, a boy, probably a year or two older than the one with the posse, entered the bar. He accidentally bumped into the smaller one as he stomped out, followed by his two cronies.

“Mud blood,” the youngest one spat and his friends laughed.

Carter’s stomach churned. She hated kids like that. They all believed that because their blood could be traced through books meant they were better. Most of those kids were in her house. Carter herself was a pureblood, but that didn’t mean she acted like the stereotypical one. Carter picked up her mug and took a sip allowing the warmth from the drink to calm her nerves.

Planning more than a party EMOannoyed

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:26 pm

Violet was lying aimlessly in her bed. It was times like this that the seventeen year old often let her thoughts wander to home. She missed being there on the weekends. She missed waking up to the sound of her mother climbing the stairs to bring her breakfast in bed, though she hardly ate it. Despite her mother’s meticulous supervision of Violet, she always failed to notice that her daughter threw her food away rather than ate it. “Ughr,” she grumbled as she flicked her hair from her face. Carter had invited her to a party, or “gathering” late last night and she so kindly refused, opting to have an early night but her head was still throbbing.

Violet threw herself from her bed, and searched her trunk for the first decent set of clothes she could find. She turned her gaze towards to the window, deciding to match her clothes for the weather and venture outside, perhaps she would pick up a friend or two along the way. She picked up her white wash skinny jeans and a loose fitting baggy t-shirt deciding today she would have a casual day and then found her brown leather ankle boots and made her way to the commonroom. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs she heard someone fall back, a first year girl. Usually, she would apologise but Violet had most definitely woken up on the wrong side of the bed, then she noticed the big-eyed girl was staring at her, clutching a note in one hand and some chocolates in the other. A smirk came across her face and she grabbed the note, and as she had expected it was from Carter. “Perfect,” she smiled to herself and made her way out of the commonroom.

Violet took a slow walk to the Three Broomsticks, she figured that Carter would be recovering from a heavy night and wouldn’t mind some peace and quiet before she arrived. Or, knowing Carter, she would already be drinking again. It took her around half an hour to get there, but she could spot Carter as soon as she walked in the door. She was eyeing up some teenage boys who were making their way past her. She heard them mutter “mudblood” as they left but she refused to give them the satisfaction of a reaction. After ordering a large butterbeer she sat in the seat opposite Carter. “Boy, do you look rough” she said laughing softly. “Fun night?” she questioned, raising her right eyebrow and sipping at her drink.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:50 pm

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
IGOTMYEYESWIDE.IT'SNOTOVERYET.WEAREMIRACLES.ANDWE'RENOTALONE.THISISHOME.NOWI'MFINALLYWHEREIBELONG.
This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 492 WORDS in it.

Carter’s eye caught Violet soon after the group of purebloods left. She was walking in the door looking the same as always. Carter meant to wave, but she had no energy to lift her hand except to carry the mug to her lips. Violet sat down across from her.

“Boy, do you look rough” she said with a laugh. “Fun night?”

Carter grunted at first and took another drink from the mug. A large collection of ginger hit her tongue and it made Carter recoil a little. The expression on Carter’s face was confusion, disgust, and exhaustion. The combination must have been pretty comedic.

“Ugh, gross,” Carter pushed the drink away from her to take a respite from the taste. “And to answer your question, I needed my best friend to make sure I didn’t pass out on the couch.” Carter took a moment to give Violet a playful glare. “Which I did, by the way, in case you’re wondering,” Carter added with a couple of nods.

Carter groaned again and let her head fall to the table with a thud. She misjudged the speed of her fall and it hit rather painfully. A funny clanging noise reverberated through the room. Carter could feel the eyes staring her down. A couple of giggles even made it to her ears. Too embarrassed to lift her head, Carter remained as she was, but turned her head to that her cheek laid on the table. She looked at Violet.

“Damnit.” Carter said through a half-smashed mouth while eying her own butterbeer, wishing it was cold instead of hot for an instant. However, the door opened once more to allow a light breeze to blow passed their table. It sent a ripple of goosebumps over Carter’s skin. “Oh! That reminds me. I remember why I asked you here. So last night this kid in his like fifth year,” Carter closed her eyes and blinked her eyes shut a few times. Her memory was still fuzzy. “I think it was fifth year. Anyway, he got really wasted trying to impress somebody. But anyway, he saw this girl walk by. I don’t know she wasn’t that cute, but he thought she was and started talking to her like she was an animal. It was really weird and gross. I don’t think I want to remember what he was saying to her.”

Carter paused and finally lifted her head. Her want of butterbeer was too strong. She picked up her glass, but as she went to do so, her right hand banged the side of the glass drink. Luckily it was heavy enough to not tip, but a startling pain ran up her hand. Carter glanced at it. There were cuts on her knuckles, which were also a slight purple color.

“Oh. I think I hit him,” Carter stared at her hand a few seconds longer. “Yeah. I definitely hit him.” She looked up at Violet and smiled guiltily.

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Violet laughed out loud at the look on Carter’s face. She never really understood why Carter ordered Butterbeer with extra ginger when she was on hangover because she always pulled that expression and she never finished the drink. She took another sip of her drink and sat patiently, waiting for Carter to answer her question, twirling some hair in her fingers and letting the warm drink fill her stomach. She smirked at Carter, “Well, it was nearly twelve when you asked me, you were already wasted by that point, AND,” she emphasised this point; “I was already in my bunny pyjama’s!” she smiled widely at Carter at this point. They could never be mad at each other.

Watching Carter as she plonked her head on the table, Violet tried not to let the guilt get to her. Of course she had wanted to be there to look out for her friend, but she was trying not to party too much. Unlike Carter, she wasn’t good at Quidditch and didn’t have a guaranteed future; her studies were much too important nowadays. Not that she minded, she wouldn’t tell Carter that she wouldn’t go last night because she had her head stuck in a book about Herbology, or that she actually enjoyed skipping parties to study instead. Violet placed her hand on Carter’s head and stroked her hair out of her face, “You should be drinking water… Not this stuff after last night. You really need to control yourself Carter; I can’t always be there…” Violet had a worried look on her face; she didn’t know how Carter would react to what she said.

Her forehead creased into a further expression of worry as Carter explained her story. There was always going to be drama when Hogwarts students got hold of alcohol. Violet had been there many a time and she was pretty glad that she was managing to avoid dramatic situations for the time being. She had laid low for quite a while; in fact it had been months since she had been on a good binge. “Oh, god,” she said rolling her eyes as Carter explained the story. She knew what Carter was going to say. Carter always struggled to hold her emotions when she was intoxicated. Violet knew this from their first drunken meeting when Carter had emptied her heart out.

Her mouth fell open and she fiercely grabbed Carter’s hand. She noticed Carter wince slightly but ignored her, “Look at this… Can you even explain why?” she asked exasperated. “You could have gotten into a fight, and it would have just been you. What would I do if something bad happened to you?” she had a tone of disappointment in her voice but calmed down after the guilt of getting mad at Carter set in. “I’m sorry,” she said dropping Carter’s hand, “You know how much I worry about you when you’re drinking…” she stared at Carter and waited for answers impatiently, shaking her legs under the table.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 6:56 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 358 WORDS in it.

Carter set her mug down just in time for Violet to grab her hand. She held it close to her face and examined it. Of course it stung, but she’d fallen off her broom so many times it was nothing. Pain was sometimes only surprising, never actually painful, which Carter was glad for the change. Violet went on for a minute or two about getting in trouble without her there. As her friend finished, Carter pulled her hand back. If only you knew how deadly I can be, the temptation to tell her best friend the thing she’d never shared with anybody was strong. But like always, Carter hesitated.

“I’m not so defenseless you know,” Carter watched her friend’s expression change to apologetic. “Look, I wasn’t going to let that boy talk to that girl like she was his sex slave. I would have hit him sober or not. As for the worry, I welcome it. At least I know somebody will look for me if I go missing one day.” Which has actually happened. Thank you wolfsbane, Carter added in her head.

Carter began scratching the grooves in the ancient wooden table. Her nails picked up small pieces of grime and dust. Sure, it was disgusting, but Carter would have to clip them anyway for Quidditch. Clawing, unfortunately, was illegal. Too bad claws were her specialty.

“Don’t you ever just wish there was a way to fight back?” Carter mumbled a little. She did this when she was unsure of what she was talking about. “I just feel like all of the prejudice people are allowed to pick on and tease in groups. You never see the victims fighting back. It’s like they’re all solitary. We’re all solitary. I hate it.” Carter looked up at Violet.

A heavy weight seemed to fall on both the girls. This topic hit both of them hard, though Violet didn’t see half of it. She only witnessed the hate from the purebloods who called Carter a traitor to the wizarding blood. This never bothered Carter much. She was always more thankful that this is what she was discriminated for.

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 am

Violet lightly sighed; she couldn’t help but feel the air was tense. She knew there was something Carter was hiding from her. She had known since their first encounter, because she had started drunken sentences but not finished them and Violet had only made out certain words such as ‘young’, ‘bite’ and ‘misery’ but she had never put the pieces together. She wished she knew, no, she wished Carter trusted her enough to know. “I know you’re not…but that wasn’t your problem. That girl needed to learn to stand up for herself, otherwise she will never learn,” Violet looked at her friend. She knew that Carter wouldn’t agree but there was nothing she could do but air her opinion.

That was often a problem in their relationship, and although they had never had a full blown falling out, they had often argued and at time, Carter had scared Violet. Violet was good with a wand, but so was Carter, but it wasn’t her magic that had frightened her. It had only happened once or twice, but Violet was sure that Carter had an almost animalistic approach when arguing. Sometimes Violet failed to recognise her friend when she was in the midst of an argument. But luckily, that didn’t happen between them very often. Carter was the only friend that Violet truly trusted; the others were just people she would walk to classes with and what not. She would hate for anything to cause a rift between them.

Her forehead creased and she frowned slightly at her friend. She was mumbling to herself but Violet could hear every word. Violet had suffered prejudice at Hogwarts from the Purebloods and the people she suspected were cleansers. “Violence does nothing but worsen the situation though,” she said taking a quick glance at Carter’s friend and then back to her eyes. She put her hands in her hand and smelt her Butterbeer. “We’re only solitary because we choose not to combine. I choose to believe the victims are those who have more moral high ground…” she let the end of her linger for a second. “I wish there was something we could do, without the violence or teasing.” Her gaze met her friend's, and she twisted her face into a smile; Carter would definitely come up with something.

Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 408 WORDS in it.

Carter didn't like Violet's disapproval of her statement. Of course, she didn't mean actual physical fighting back. Of course that was silly in this case. Nobody could just go around beating the shit out of those who teased them. There had to be some ground. But Carter didn't believe in all pacifist ways. She did believe there were times for fighting.

"What about a rally?" Carter thought of the time she attended the Quidditch World Cup and a group of people were protesting their distaste of the new recruit. Everyone had seemed to ignore them, but once the team lost, their group gained some momentum and even got in the Prophet. Perhaps something like that would get them noticed and in turn allow the kids getting bullied to have a will to fight.

"We could have meetings or something and get together," Carter was rambling when her head suddenly started to pound once more. Her hand was cold from the absent mug so she put it to her forehead. The relief was instantaneous. Looking between her fingers at Violet, she made a pathetic moaning noise and then continued. "It could be a sort of club for support and whatnot. That might give students the motivation enough to stand up for themselves or at least meet somebody to help stand up for them."

Carter didn't want to think of a time without Violet there ready to defend her at all costs. It was the way things seemed to have always been. Carter didn't want them to change. It seemed like Violet could always spill everything to Carter, but Carter was the one always holding things back. She felt guilty about it a lot of the time. But what was there to do about it. Except tell...

"Vi, there's something I have to tell you," Carter pushed herself up from the table and caught her best friend's eye. She seemed ready for this, like she'd always known there was something Carter was keeping from her. It made her feel all the more guilty.

"I--," Carter looked towards the table. She wanted to see her friend's expression, but then what if there was fear, or worse: hate. Carter didn't know what she'd do. But her best friend needed to know.

"I--," taking one last breath, Carter hesitated, "I have no idea what to name our new club."

Her best friend needed to know. But maybe now wasn't the time to tell.

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 2:37 pm

Violet was starting to get lost in her daydreams by the time Carter had started talking. Her mind was suddenly consumed with boys. Violet had never had a boyfriend, and she was reaching that age where she wanted to not have “hooks ups” anymore. Carter always got a lot of male attention, and of course, why wouldn’t she? She was the most beautiful girl Violet knew, despite her quick temper. Though she couldn’t criticise her for that; it was a trait they both shared. Maybe she could ask Carter to set her up on a date? No, she told herself blushing at the already embarrassing thought. She saw a couple dancing around outside and a sad smile came across her face, but before she had time to think of that anymore she heard Carter’s delicate voice.

A rally?” Violet repeated, slightly weary. She had seen how peaceful protests could easily turn violet. Blood everywhere, people injured, maybe even dead. She took a quick glance out of the window before turning back to Carter, smiling. “If you can promise there won’t be any punching, kicking, biting etcetera” she said in a serious, but happy tone. “You know, it actually sounds like a good idea. I mean, there are so many people out there who want to make a difference but are too scared. I mean why should those who hate only get to be the ones making a difference? We can make a difference too,” she nodded her head and drank the final swig of her drink.

Watching Carter through the corner of her eye, she giggled. Her minds drifted back to her life at the present time. She was a good student, that was proven on paper but why couldn’t she just be happy? No, you’re just having a down day, you need to cheer up and cheer Carter up, she told herself repeatedly. She often had to have these pep talks in her own head. It was sad really, how no one could tell from the outside that she was tearing herself apart inside. She didn’t even have a reason to be unhappy. She had a perfect lifestyle; wealthy parents, being a spoilt only child, having the latest in everything, the list could go so much further. She sighed silently under her breath and looked over to the bar. She could really do with a stronger drink, but it was much too early for that.

Violet turned her gaze to match Carters. Carter sounded deadly serious, maybe this was what Violet had been waiting for. The moment when Carter finally told her what she had been hiding all this time. She held her breath, but the next sentence was not what she had been expecting. She exhaled suddenly and forced a smile and laugh, “Well, my suggestion to that is to drink until we get our creative juices flowing.” Outside she was still smiling at Carter but inside she was deeply upset. Why couldn’t Carter just trust her?

Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 382 WORDS in it.

Carter rolled her eyes at Violet at the suggestion of drinking. Carter wanted a drink. And another. And another. It was how she was. Drinking more always knocked out her hang-overs, but it also made them twice as bad the next day. And Carter had her own private Quidditch practice scheduled tomorrow. That would be horrible. She'd have no focus.

She shook her head and looked down at her unfinished mug of butterbeer. Carter could still see the miniature flakes falling down through the foam of cream into the bronze liquid. There was no heat radiating from the cup. Carter reached out a hand and pulled it towards her. The glass was cold. Through all of her moaning and complaining, the drink had lost it's temperature.

"Perhaps I'll go with pumpkin juice," Carter pushed the cold beverage away from her. It wasn't at all tempting cold. It was like drinking warm beer. Horrid. "But feel free to have alcoholic-inspiration. I do believe some of our best work was when we were tipsy."

Carter fell back into the booth laughing. Violet didn't seem too amused. She was quiet focused on something else entirely. Perhaps I got her confused when I almost told her? Carter thought looking down at her hands. The ring on her finger was needing some spinning. With her other hand, Carter began turning the piece of jewelry in increments of three.

As Carter spun the ring, she also spun around names in her head. She was trying to think of a name that would work to increase interest in the 'under dogs' while also not influencing violence. The Blood Treaty? Carter thought working with the name. No, that's too based just off blood status. I'm a werewolf. That doesn't affect my blood. Does it?

Carter's thoughts fell deep into the books her parents got her. The History of Werewolves, Wolf's Bane: the Cure, Famous Werewolves, and the list could go on. Does being a werewolf affect me in a way I don't know? Would my children have this 'problem'?

"What do you think of The Blood Treaty?" Maybe her friend would disapprove of the title because of the name blood. But she hoped not. It seemed to work.

Planning more than a party EMOwhatever

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Violet stifled a laugh when her friend rolled her eyes at her. Was drinking this early really that bad? No, that couldn’t be what Carter was rolling her eyes at. She knew Carter could quite easily manage to drink right now. She figured she must have something planned for later on, or maybe tomorrow and she wouldn’t push her. Carter never forced her to drink and she wouldn’t do the same. What was she thinking anyway? Violet shook her head at Carter’s suggestion, a child like look upon her face. “No thank you, I figured it’s too early and I have homework to do later. Oh the joys of my life,” she threw her hands up in the air and sighed.

The attention of a group of girls in a booth opposite theirs caught Violet’s attention. She glared at them as they were watching Carter. What were they staring at? Then she noticed they were Slytherins’, the green of their badge catching the sunlight from the window. She sighed. Sometimes she wished she had been chosen to be in Slytherin. Not because she agreed with the morals of the purebloods, or the fact that it was thought those who are superior were in Slytherin, but because it would make being friends with Carter a lot easier. There had been numerous occasions where Carter had had to defend Violet and their friendship and it wasn’t fair. She felt uneasy and began to scratch the top of her right hand with her left.

She was still scratching by the time Carter had suggested a name, the skin almost red raw underneath. One of Violet’s many bad habits when she was uncomfortable or nervous. Without looking at her hand she placed her left hand ontop of the red patch, hoping Carter hadn’t noticed. “The blood treaty…It has a kinda dark ring to it...” she left the sentence lingering for a moment or two. It had a ring to it, but didn’t it sound like something a cleanser would suggest? That thought made her doubt Carter for a minute. Was she secretly a cleanser and that was her big secret she had been hiding? She shook her head to herself, no, that couldn’t be. She had shocked herself by even considering that idea, although the idea still drifted around the back of her mind.

Maybe we should add something to it..like.. oh I don’t know,” she frowned as she thought for a second. “This might sound silly but something like The Equal Blood Treaty?” she suggested feebly. She was completely useless with names. Violet always considered herself the least creative person ever. It was mainly Carter who had the amazing but very bad drunken ideas, and Violet figured she should perhaps leave Carter to decide on the name too.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:54 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 470 WORDS in it.

Carter had watched as her friend's nails slowly dug away the skin on her hand. She never scratched hard, but this was Violet's own nervous habit much like the way Carter twisted the ring on her finger. Obviously this topic was difficult for the both of them. It made them both slightly uncomfortable, which meant to Carter that it was true and just because she was a werewolf that she felt rejected or dirty. Nobody should have to feel this way just because of their blood, Carter thought looking down.

The skin was slightly pink where her nails had scratched. It was like that horrible game younger students played. You scratch a single spot on a person's hand while they list an animal for every letter of the alphabet. While the person thought, a scar formed. You couldn't feel the sting of it until later. And it stung like hell. Carter glanced at the tiny diamond shaped scar on the skin over her wrist.

Violet suggested her changed name after playing around with it in her head for a moment. It may have worked if they were going for only blood status, but Carter felt differently about it. It affected her in an entirely different way. Her blood was pure, but that didn't mean she cared.

"I think if we were to call it The Equal Blood Treaty it might imply that we are only trying to help those who are half-bloods or muggle born," Carter paused a moment deep in thought. "We should cover everything, like werewolves and vampires. You know?"

Carter would wait for her friend's response on that. She hadn't listed much other than werewolves or vampires. She hoped it didn't give anything away. Carter was sure Violet had a few suspicions, but never said anything. Carter was glad for that. But looking out the window, the moon was full in the sky. Even though it was still daylight, Carter could tell.

"Oh, and I don't think I'll make that party I told you about tonight," Carter was a horrible liar, but she'd stayed off Violet for this long, "I have to study."

Of course, study was never the best lie, but her head still ached from the hang over. Carter never thought many things through when she was on a hang over. She usually just hoped Violet wouldn't push further, but Carter assumed that one day, probably in the near future, she would. Eventually she planned on telling her friend, but when that was, Carter was unsure.

"The party seems to fall at a bad time. I just can't come. But you're still invited. If you want to get into the Slytherin Commonroom, just talk to someone I've introduced you to before," Carter winked at her friend trying to kill the solemn mood.

Planning more than a party EMOwhatever

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 2:40 am

Violet nodded her head as Carter spoke, she knew she was right. Violet was making this too much about blood status, but she assumed that was because it was all she knew. Wasn’t it all they both knew? What did Carter know about being a werewolf or a vampire? Her eyes widened and she looked at Carter suspiciously. If Carter was either one, she couldn’t expect to hide it from her. Surely she would have told her in the first place. They were best friend. It would be impossible to hid something that huge from your best friend. Or so she thought. “Carter,” she began the sentence, her voice cracking a little. No, she couldn’t just ask her. What proof did she have? Just because she mentioned those types doesn’t mean she was one. “We’re best friend right..? And we tell each other everything, yes? Well.. I hope we tell each other everything,” she placed her hand on top of Carter’s for a moment and then moved it, reassurance was key right now.

Okay it’s decided on The Blood Treaty,” she smiled and rubbed her arms, hugging herself for a minute afterwards, she all of a sudden had goosebumps. “So we need to come up with a plan to hand out flyers and give out information without Cleansers knowing..” her forehead was burrowed and she was staring at a patch on the dented, wooden table in front of her. “We’re both big party go-ers, that’s how people know us. I haven’t been out in a while but let’s plan a big blow out! We know who are the Cleansers when we go to parties, well I do and I always avoid them… I mean what can go wrong? And if anyone has a problem we could just play it down as drunken talk!” she exclaimed. She wasn’t sure Carter would agree with this seeming as she had rejected the party tonight.

And that was the moment Violet realised her best friend was lying to her. She tried to act normal but it was almost impossible. “I’m not going myself. I also have things to do,” her voice was slightly icy. Her eyes were full of disappointment when she looked in Carter’s direction. What had she done to be not be trusted? She decided not to push the topic. If Carter didn’t want to tell her that was fine, but she couldn’t expect Violet to keep quiet forever. She was getting more and more agitated by this everyday and today had certainly pushed her boundaries.

She decided to ask Carter advice about dating, maybe it would cheer the mood. She just had to get the words out first. Violet wasn’t one to ever talk about boys, not even to Carter. She wriggled her hands on her lap and blushed when looking at Carter. “Hey, I was wondering if I could have some advice,” her cheeks were getting redder by the minute. “I want to go on a date.. with a guy… but I don’t know that many guys and I was wondering if you had any suggestions?” she slid foreward on the table and buried her head in her arms, “Jeez I just made myself look like a complete little school girl!” she lifted her head and laughed softly.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:27 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 524 WORDS in it.

As Carter waited for Violet’s response she began to worry. Instantly, she back tracked through every word that she could remember that had come from her lips. There was nothing that screamed guilt, but perhaps her facial expressions. Once Violet’s eyes widened for a moment, Carter knew she suspected something.

Carter allowed for her eyes to sink towards the table once more. Her shoulders tensed waiting for the accusing verbal blows that would follow. She understood that it was wrong of her to not tell her best friend. Violet had always shown nothing but trust to her best friend. It was just what Carter was used to. Nobody knew for so long. Carter didn’t like a lot of change and that would be a lot.

“Okay it’s decided on The Blood Treaty,” Violet said finally breaking the tension. Carter allowed her muscles to relax. Obviously, Violet was just thinking about the name. Obviously…. Or Hopefully.

The way Violet mentioned the party, it was like she was almost daring Carter to attend, but there was no way for her to make it. Not tonight, or anytime for the next few days. She began thinking about it. An awkward silence began to creep between the two girls once more. Carter picked at the edges of her nails. They were jagged, uneven, and all different lengths. She never bothered with them since they broke so easily during Quidditch. Instead, Carter usually just bit them off when they got too long. Looking up for a moment, she noticed that Violet was staring quite deeply at the table. Again, Carter felt guilty until Violet spoke again.

Violet spoke of wanting a boy. As soon as she mentioned going on a date, pause, with a boy, Carter had wanted to interrupt with a lesbian joke, but she refrained. Her ability to joke was slightly dampened. However, this topic did seem to bring back a few cheerful thoughts. As Violet went on, the perfect guy popped into her head.

”I know the perfect guy!” Carter’s eyes grew wide with excitement. This guy had been her friend for a few years now. He was in her house and they attended a lot of his parties. ”What about Hahn?” Violet would know who she was talking about. He’s a cool guy. I’d bet you’d be able to peek his interest. You’re super gorgeous and nice! I’m setting you two up. Oh! But I’m telling him that you don’t know that you know.” Carter winked and smiled at her friend.

This was the best way to lighten the mood after such a serious topic. Carter loved hooking people up. She attended masses of parties and met lots of people of various ages. Her connections were good and her understandings of people were even better. It was the perfect combination for a teenage match-maker.

”Also, he’s got parties going all the time. We could definitely advertise there. He’d be all for it since he’s muggle born.” Carter was getting pretty excited about the whole idea. She’d discuss later with Hahn what party would work best for him or which were his most attended ones.

Planning more than a party EMOcheerful

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Violet decided that she would leave that topic. She was slightly uneasy talking about it because she knew they could get into serious trouble if any of the professors discovered their plans. And yes, Violet broke the rules every so often but this could lead to a lot more. If any single Cleanser found out, it would all be over. “We’re gonna need codenames… That could be fun,” she said laughing softly. She had always wanted to have a set of walkie devices; she wasn’t sure if Carter would know what they were as they were from the muggle word. She looked at Carter and began to laugh with the codename for her in her head, “I’m gonna call you Captain Buttcheeks!” she shouted raher excitedly causing a few people to look over. She covered her mouth with her hand as she continued to giggle. She could be so childish sometimes.

Violet blushed again as Carter spoke, “Seriously? As in, you actually have someone in mind,” suddenly what she had just asked dawned on her. She would have to sit with a guy, talking about goodness knows what for a few hours. “Hahn?” she questioned. Hahn had never sprung to her mind before. Sure, they got on well, but she’d never considered that he would like her. “He’s quite good looking, and he makes me laugh a lot, and I guess we have a lot in common…His hair nice too,” Violet blushed as she realised she sounded like a love struck teen. “You have to let me know everything you say, and what he says,” she smiled widely, realising she was actually quite excited.

Violet would have been nervous about it, had it been any other guy but she had known Hahn a while; they were the same age and in the same house so it made things a lot easier, although, she had always seen him as a bit of a ladies’ man. While she was slightly weary of the fact that he always seemed to have a girl around him, she seemed to think it wasn’t going to be an issue. Anyway, he might not even enjoy it so she shouldn’t get her hopes up. She had started to notice that she was always more inclined to go to a party if he was there, and the goose bumps she got when he hugged her hello and goodbye.

Violet twirled the ends of her blonde hair in her fingers, “This is all going to fit together nicely. But I think we should organise tactics and how to make sure it’s going to stay hidden a secret before any action,” she said in a quiet voice. “Do you know anyone else who is interested? We should get maybe a few people together to be like ring leaders and who do all the organisational stuff like leaflets and what not. Personally, I think you should be leader,” she winked and smiled at Carter. Carter had the right traits to be a leader. Look how easily she sees a niche and decides to formulate a plan.

Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got 641 WORDS in it.

Conversations went through Carter’s mind. She was already planning what to say to Hahn and perhaps what he would say in return. This is what always happened. Carter would get extremely excited about one thing and start ignoring anyone who might be trying to talk to her. Violet in this case.

“I’m gonna call you Captain Buttcheeks!” Carter looked confused for a few moments wondering why she would be known as Captain Buttcheeks. Then she realized what Violet must have been saying. Codenames. And it’s smart, too. Carter rolled the idea in her head. Yes, we could really get into something serious with this. Codenames would be a good protections.

Violet was covering her mouth after laughing hysterically. Carter found just the sight of her embarrassed from her own giggling amusing. Carter’s own chorus of laughing joined in. Now more faces stared at the two girls who were laughing like young girls in Honeydukes.

Suddenly, Violet realized what Carter had said. Violet’s thinking face appeared once more as she toyed with Hahn in her head. Carter personally thought it was a brilliant match. She even had a suspicion that the kid had had a crush on Violet for a while now. He just wasn’t saying anything. Maybe he doesn’t realize it? Carter thought that would be pretty funny.

Again, the topic jumped back to their plans with The Blood Treaty. Violet went on about organizing and planning before actually acting. In a way, Carter agreed. Yes, they did need to be able to deny all connections to the organization in case trouble were to be coming their way, which would eventually happen. They were going to rival the Cleansers. Nobody had tried it yet. Everybody wanted to just deny their existence.

And then Violet announced that Carter should lead them. Carter wanted to laugh at first, but then it sort of made sense. She was the one who really wanted this to happen. As she noted earlier, there were many connections in her life. And best of all, her status as a werewolf. Of course, she didn’t plan on making her name tag say during the first meeting: Hello, my name is Carter the werewolf. But if this club went the right way, eventually the kids would need reason to follow her.

Nobody’s going to just follow a girl who is rebelling against her blood status. Maybe at first, but if this get’s violent, and it may, we’ll need something more. Carter glanced at Violet. I can’t just tell everybody without letting Violet know. Maybe I should just use the werewolf thing as a major back up plan. I’ll just keep it a secret. But if we snoop into the Cleansers, they might snoop back. It doesn’t take a lot to realize she feels like shit during the full moon and disappears constantly. What if they accused me in front of Violet and I never told her first? She has to hear it from me.

Carter finally understood why she had denied telling her best friend the ultimate secret. Telling Violet would truly make this real. For so long, she was able to hide in the fact that only she knew. It was like it wasn’t true. The internal struggle for being herself was lost long ago. The only way to win was to admit it to Violet. It was like those many, horrible secrets. They weren’t real until Violet knew them, too. But I can’t just tell her straight up. She’d never believe me. Wait….

”Violet,” her voice was solemn. ”I heard the tree just outside the Forbidden Forest next to the lake recently starting baring apples and they’re delicious. Also, night might be the best time to snag a few. But bring your wand, you know, in case you see someone.”

Planning more than a party EMOcheerful

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 pm

Violet was worried. She was nervous. Carter had gone quiet so she had a few minutes to collect her thoughts. She was acting silly, she knew that but she could never imagine Hahn actually falling for it. He was the guy who had all the girls around him at parties. He was the “it” guy. He would never be interested in a girl like her. Despite all her partying, she was quite a nerd who loved nothing more than sitting down with a good book about Charms. He was the guy who rarely turned up for classes and didn’t really care for studying. She sighed slightly. She would just have to see what the outcome would be. But she wasn’t getting her hopes up. Maybe she would ask her mum for advice. Then again, her mum would get all excited and shrill, and she wouldn’t be dealing with that.

Violet was really sure why Carter had suggested going to the Forbidden forest. She was acting sketchy and Violet knew something was up. She decided not to question her. She didn’t want the awkward silence to reoccur. She was happy talking about more cheerful things. But it seemed like Carter’s mind was elsewhere. She wished so much that Carter would let her guard down, because it was up an awful lot lately. It was almost making a boundary in their friendship that would soon be irreparable… But Violet didn’t want to think about that.

Carter had been there with Violet throughout her worst times and she just wanted Carter to know that she would always be there. Violet would never judge Carter; they’d each seen the best and worst of each other so what was there to judge? And who was Violet to judge anyone? She looked at Carter’s mysterious eyes, they were glossed over; her mind was definitely somewhere else. “Well that could be nice; maybe we’ll even see a full moon.” She hoped so. They were so beautiful. “I’m sure we won’t see anyone. I was down there a few days ago. I heard some twigs snapping but when I looked I couldn’t find anyone,” she shrugged her shoulders.

That night had scared her slightly and that’s why she had left it unusually long before making another appearance. She was almost certain that someone was there, watching her that night. “What night were you thinking? Tonight?” she smiled widely to reveal her teeth. “Maybe we should invite other people… You know make a campfire?” she suggested. She had a funny feeling Carter would dismiss this idea.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 pm

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got356 WORDS in it.

Immediately after Carter said that she felt foolish. At first it was the way she worded it, but there was nothing else she could think of. She hoped Violet didn’t think she was just joking around with her. That would be horrible to be there waiting to pour her heart out and find Violet had skipped. But she didn’t really believe her friend would do that. Carter could tell by the way Violet was staring at her that she knew this wasn’t a joke.

There was no turning back now. Carter was going to finally tell Violet what she was. But there were so many things that could go wrong. She’d been taking Wolf’s Bane for a while now and didn’t think anything would go wrong in that area. Carter had been able to maintain complete control during the change. Sure it took a few practice tries, but she had it down now.

One other worry was that Violet might just see the werewolf and not make the connection. Carter dismissed this idea almost immediately after she realized that Violet had been suspecting something for a while. But then, what if she panicked, fled, and never spoke to her again? Carter didn’t want to think of that. Just in time for Carter to come out of her thought Violet spoke. She mentioned inviting friends down to the trees.

Carter wanted to shout back about how silly that would be, but she kept her screams in. Instead she lightly traced her finger over the table, looking down at the random pattern. After a moment of letting her outburst die, Carter spoke.

”Perhaps, just you should scope out the area first,” Carter didn’t want to just flat out refuse and say that it was a stupid, stupid plan. But she also didn’t want Violet to get scared and bring somebody anyway. ”And I’ll think you’ll be plenty safe.” Carter knew that if anybody tried to harm Violet while she was in her ‘other form’ it would end badly for the other person.

Carter tried to end it on a less creepy note. Looking up, she smiled at Violet.

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:46 am

What, wait so you’re not going to be there?” she didn’t want Carter to think she was being a wimp but after her last experience she wasn’t all that keen on visiting the Forbidden Forest last at night. She shivered slightly at the thought and she goosebumps were beginning to cover her arms. This was all very strange. She had no idea what Carter was up to but Violet was starting to realise that she wasn’t trusting Carter. She felt like a bad friend for thinking so, but anyone else would have felt the same. There had been an uneasy feeling between the two since Violet had sat down and she wanted to know why. She felt like demanding to know the truth from Carter right here, now, but she thought against it. What use would it do?

There was obviously a reason Carter wanted her to go to the Forbidden Forest. There was almost a sense of urgency to the way Carter had suggested it. She could have asked her a few days ago, or she could have asked for a future reference. But it was the way that Carter had sprung it on her now, with a solemn tone to her voice. Violet looked around the pub, it was starting to clear. Time had passed so quickly but it felt like her thoughts were going around her head in slow motion.

She tried to clear the bad thoughts from her head. If Carter knew what Violet was thinking, how she beginning to question her friends motives, then it would cause more tension between them and there was enough of that already. She twisted her mug around her fingers on the table. She was considering of quickly messaging Hahn on the WWWW to ask him to join but she decided that would be a bad idea. Carter obviously wanted it to just be her, and she would get what she wanted.

Okay. I’ll be there. What time? I can’t be too late, I have to be up early tomorrow,” she said twisting her face into an awkward smile. Carter would be able to sense her uneasiness, but it didn’t make a difference. Violet needed to know what was going on, and there was nothing that would stop her from finding out, no matter how much Carter tried to hide it.
Back to top Go down
Carter Blake Langley

Carter Blake Langley

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 am

This post is especially for VIOLET BUXTON. And it's got362 WORDS in it.

When Violet first asked if Carter was going to be there, she instantly wanted to reply with a definite yes. Of course she’d be there. Her being there was the whole freaking reason why she needed Violet to come in the first place. Damn it! Violet! Just trust me! she screamed in her mind wishing that she could just come out and say it.

Maybe it’d be easier? Maybe she’d just tell her she hated her now and leave? Maybe she’d just tell Carter to quit joking and when she wasn’t then it’d be awkward. Looking at Violet, she wanted to cry. This is horrible. I’m trying to tell my best friend something and I can’t seem to get it right. Or she just doesn’t trust me. Am I making a mistake?

Violet then proceeded to ask what time should she come and that she had to be up early tomorrow. It hurt Carter a lot to hear that. I’m freaking confessing everything and she’s worried about feeling tired tomorrow! Blood hell! Unable to concentrate, she stood up out of her chair. The wood on wood sent a screeching sound across the floor.

“Be there as soon as the moon’s out,” Carter looked at her friend. She put all the pleading into her eyes as she attempted to tell her friend through nothing but a look, “but if sleep’s more important, don’t worry about it.” With that, she turned around and left the table. Her hair was flying around to add a dramatic effect to the situation.

Right away, she wanted to turn back and look at Violet. She wanted to see the expression on her friend’s face. Did it hurt as bad as what she just said? I hope it didn’t because I don’t want pain for my friend, but I hope she gets it. Instead of taking another look, Carter flicked a tear that had fallen out of the corner of her eye off her face. Tilting her head down, she headed back towards Hogwarts trying to hide her face in her hair. At least it’s good for one thing, Carter thought as she bit her tongue.

Planning more than a party EMOangry

Back to top Go down
Violet Miakoda Buxton

Violet Miakoda Buxton

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 4:40 am

Violet couldn’t understand what had happened but all of a sudden Carter was getting up to leave, giving her deadly looks and speaking to her with nothing but annoyance in her voice. What exactly had she done? She literally did not understand anything of the past half hour. Carter had obviously sensed that Violet was uneasy and untrusting. But what did Carter expect? Violet was pretty sure the feeling would have been the same had it been the other way round. She watched Carter leave, her hair trailing behind her. She expected her to turn around and see the hurt look upon Violet’s face, but she just continued walking.

Carter had all the power. But Violet could choose not to go. She could simply tell Carter that she was offended by her swift exit from the pub. But then she had no more idea about what was going on. Carter had never acted like this before. Had Violet said something that had upset her in the whole conversation? Carter had been acting odd for weeks though. She disappeared from parties around every few weeks, she was hard to talk to, her mind was always somewhere else. Maybe she was just trying to distance herself from her friends because they would be leaving soon.

Violet held back the tears which were desperate to fall. She wouldn’t cry here. She didn’t want anyone in their year to catch the sight and tell Carter. She felt like she was losing her only best friend and there was nothing she could do about it. Violet idly got up and decided to leave. She thought that she best take a longer walk back to Hogwarts so she doesn’t bump into Carter on the way back. It was times like this she wished she had other friends so she could cry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning more than a party   Planning more than a party Empty

Back to top Go down

Planning more than a party
Page 1 of 1